Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Solitude

I
sit alone in the
secluded space of my mind
caught up in its
creative run and
I lose time
I am greatful for the solitude, the break from constant chatter
I am
greatful for the thoughts that run thru
my head
and now I take the time to listen to
the Divine voice of wisdom that speaks lovingly in my head
offering correction
protection
concern and
inspiration
I rest and can now remember what the sound
of rain sounds like
on my roof and against the windows
the sounds of nature
of life
no longer offends
I soak for long periods
in the tub listening to
Dwele or Raheem
and relax
Or I can groove to the jazz that
plays in my head
I can enjoy the satin as it wraps around
my ankles making me feel naughty and sensual
I have time now to soothe my skin with
mango created creations with shea butter or cocoa butter will do
Soft skin feels good
and I enjoy the scent of me
(would you like to take a bite?)
I am
taking the time
to be truly feminine and enjoying it
Being me and reveling in it
taking the time
to relax back into me
I got Jill Scott on and a little India Arie
and Jaguar Wright is in the CD
and with their words I connect back to who
and what I am and where I am going
so
I am no longer fighting this
Solitude
It is becoming my balm
It is my peace
I fight it no more
Bring it on
and please
shut the door on your way out

Kita @2006