Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Baby Steps

I have decided on some things that will move me from a life at "6" to one at "10".

OK. Here goes:

1.) I will come from this 22/24 back to a size 18 by the end of the year - Dec. 31, 2006. Where I was before I got diagnosed with diabetes. I have to accept that I am fighting the pills that they have placed me on. I have to accept that my diet will need to change more. I have to accept that I cannot eat how I used to. More fruits, veggie, water. I have to love me and know that I was going to the gym, changing my diet, going back to school and I became ill (Strep Throat!!) when I was diagnosed (sick for 2 weeks). I have to love me and want off of these pills enough to come up with a plan.

Plan for # 1 - Exercise 20-30 minutes 4 days a week. Maintain a food diary. Eat out only twice a week. Low fat/ low sugar/ sugarless desserts. Find healthy snacks that I LIKE!! No more soda. No liquor. Aim for 3-5 servings of veggies.


2.) Better job. Need an additional 6-10 K per year. Implemented by August/ September 2007.

Plan for #2 - Prepare resume. Send out in massive amounts beginning of 2007. Attend paralegal org. meetings. Talk to para's in areas of interest. Dress more professionally to work. Be on time. Talk to current job HR rep. Take resume to univ. career center for critique service.

3.) Better relationship with God. Ongoing.

Plan for #3 - Morning and evening prayer. Daily gratitude list (5 items). Attend early morning service on Sundays/ watch on TV. Meditate for 15 minutes 2 times a week. Write Dear God letter weekly. Read Bible Sunday. Read Psalm 51 and Promise daily.

More to come.

Kita