Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The Carter

Boy, I wish we had an honest, upstanding prez back in the White House. I do not care what anyone else said about Clinton, I did like him, however he was most definitely white. Let us not even began to talk aobut our current president.

Our government has forgotten its obligation to care, to see, to feel and to help cause we are all caught up into what we can buy, how we can impress - truth is there is no real value in material things. Gluttony is a sin ya'll. Now when people hear fgluttony they think of heft boys and girls, and that is gluttony, but usually that is also pain and fear. REAL gluttony is when you try to keep and squirrel away all the best resources for your self with no regard of the plight of other people. Yeah, big business I am talking to you. Yeah lobby groups, you help them, so I am talking to you as well. See, when institutions to lock folks up instead of lifting them up, when 3 strike rules can forever abandon a person in an angry state in a 10 x 10 cell, when companies, ie, Dixie Crystal start building prisons to invest in for the coming cash of housing inmates, I gotta look around and say look at my country locking all of these folks up and not giving them a chance to redeem themselves, or get their lives together and helping that business make money off of stupid, ignorant mistakes.

No, I do not support rapists, theives, etc. However, it is a proven fact that they become more vicious and better criminals in jail. Read a book sometimes and stop listening blindy to ignorant rhetoric from politicians who creatively have their hand in the pork barrel too.

I miss honest politicians, those willing to take a risk for truth, to speak the truth, to hold on to it, to base and live their lives according to it, I miss honest politicians. I want Jimmy Carter back. Not perfect, not charasmatic, just a good guy doing the best he can and telling us honestly what needs to, has got to be done. You know, kinda like the good woman/man you have in your life you don't want to let go. Yeah, the strippa is good to be in love with from a distance, but too many has loved the schemeing chica up close and personal. Charisma fades, dies, and lies. Skin deep, like some of those friends you have had to rid yourself of over the years. Charisma ain't nothing. I just want an honest, lets get it right and treat everybody as well as we can president back. One who truly knows he works for the people and not the other way around.

We do not work for the govt', they work for us. I get disturbed when I hear people lamenting on how the folks in Louisiana should have been prepared and govt' is suppose to help, it is up to the private citizen to be responsible and to to do for themselves. We, are the govt'. We pay taxes to keep up this country in each and every way that we can. We also pay taxes to help each other, the least of the folks. The 20's financial crash happened, that is why the social plans we have came into action, because we decided that we are responsible for helping each other. Our interconnectedness is what we stand on, are based on. We are the United States of America. We are the govt'. They are here to help us all, especially in times of crisis. The guys up there are to do their jobs and to help with all speed when an issue arises. To do less says something about me as a citizen. I am uncaring, I do not see, I do not emphatize and mourn with them. That is a lie, and I do not appreciate my govt' representing me in that fashion. We are to help, so therefore the govt' is to help because right now the individual is not capable of doing so. making excuses when the tragedy is over and things have not improved does not solve the problem, nor does it make the government right for their current inaction. If it can be them, it can be you, so take your head out of the sand, and demand that common care is taken. These people paid their taxes, they got insurance, everything they could do to hold on, to get back, to rebuild their hard earned land. For ignorant statements to be made becasue in addition to this they were poor, doing the best they can and had no way out of the area ticks me off. Nobody in that area deserved that. If your neightborhood gets a storm that lasts for 30 days causes a mudslide I would not blame you for not being prepared, for not moving on despite your financial situation or lack thereof. I would expect, I would demand, I want the government to move their butt and to save you. I wonder if those who make these kind of statements would think so highly of their "personal responsibility" if the previous situation was them and their lives? I already know the answer.

This ain't about Republican, Democrat, or any other political party. It is about my self and everyone who is a citizen of this country and this country's politicians who we elect to represent up, using the resources that are available to save and protect us when times are good and when diaster strikes. My country, one of the richest countries in the world has become laden and fat, gluttonous with greed, money and power. Atrophy of the heart, has set in, and the Sleeping Giant cannot move quickly to effectively protect and support its own. The humanitarian image has been shattered by this throughout the world. Welcome to being looked at in the way we have arrogantly looked at other countries. Watch as they challenge our rights to say our opinions etc. because now we have no basis to be "morally superior" What say you about that personal responsibility crap now? We go to Indonesia to drop food but cannot move our own citizens into nearby states?

Frankly I am so angry and dissapointed, and at the core of it hurt. I do not care for the president, I never thought he would languish and not demand assistance for his own people during such a diaster, that the congress would. I never thought that they would cease to care. I never thought I would note such inaction on the part of the media, my govt. I am really ticked off as I read stupid racist, ignorant comments.

It is time we concentrate on our own issues at home (US) when we don't understand the plight of our own struggling people, when we think that they want a handout when a diaster strikes them instead of help something is seriously wrong with how we see ourselves and the world at large.

Kita