Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Shut Up!/ Celebs

It never ceases to amaze me. I listen to some of the folks who are around my age (30+) amazement. Yeah, I like to read about celebrity's, but honestly, on the real I could care less.
I care about my life, your life, your kids, the community at large, the nation, a game that I or you play or have interest in. Do I really care about the state of anybody on TV's relationship, anybody who is on the radio life - really, truthfully, no. They are entertainment. They are here to entertain me. I pray for their souls, I get concerned when they seem lost ie Lauryn Hill and that MTV unplugged thing when I could feel the pain in her voice, or when they are doing something great... volunteering their time or putting their money some place real. I look when they seem they are being genuine or might have rocked an outfit that is cute but, if you look at what I am describing you would also know that it is the same concern that I have about you, just basi interest and concern.

I ain't never been a fan like that. They are getting paid to entertain me. Do your job, I might buy a ticket or watch you on the screen. Entertain me, dang it.

Talking about God, your taxes, your life, your relationships yeah shawt I can listen to that for hours with rapt attention. However, after about an hour or two, shut up about Beyonce' I ain't got nothing against her but her songs went off about 1.5 hours ago and you are still talking about her. Frankly her music may affect my mood, which does affect my life, but only if I decide to really pay it some attention while its playing. Unless you are a teenager or a young adult, shut up. She has entertained me and she may go now. Yes, I am the queen and she is grateful, all the entertainers are. Without my interest and listening as they entertain they can't get paid. Just like your kids in those school plays. I showed up and that was enough, I won't come again and I will NEVER pay to see your kids at this point cause I am giving support to them, I do not feel entertained, unless of course you are thinking about that kid that fell on the stage. I digress. I feel the same about The Game, Jamie Foxx, Bobby and Whitney and the other list of folks that entertain me. I want them to do well and then I want her to move on with their own lives too. Tired of hearing about their crap and relationships to the 9th degree on every station and every thing when there are real things going on out there. They do not want us to know about their sex lives, relationships etc. cause they are messed up like our own. Fine with me. Heck I like to hide away from reality at times too, but I do not want to stay hidden under the sand, feel me?
Try this. Talk to me about your career, your dreams, your mama and 'em. Get something else in your life beyond the stars who are living their life by the way while you sit here making the same 10 cents I am making. Get on with making plans to fulfill your own dreams and create your own version of success. Stop following people who can't decide to move on past their teenage years, their college hang ups, got more family issues, drug problems and still trying to prove who and what they are by what they got. You already got family you can watch for this stupidness anyway, the only difference is that it hurts to watch them. Please, for God's sake and purpose, get busy with your own dang life. It is too short as it is.

For this reason, if that is all that you can talk to me about, your apparent envy about these folks taking a chance living their lives and what they got etc., or their apparent desperation or stupidy please get out of my friendship circle. Stage left or rightI really do not care. I hope you make it onto your own damn stage someday. Don't you understand that there is where you need to be to make the most out of your own life? Dumb bunny.

Kita