Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Kismet

I believe in kismet. I believe that you meet people at a specific moment in your life at a specific time. I believe in kismet.

I just met this young lady in my para class who told me that she wants to be a part of making policy and decisions and making other folks lives better. I believe in kismet. Why, because ultimately that is what I want to do to. I feel like a lot of what is going wrong in our society on the govt. , business and non profit end are the policies that are in place to support them. They are not there to support assist and improve the life of people. They are hugely restrictive.

I have decided that I will finish up with my associates, go forward and get my bachelors and then get my masters in public policy. Urban public policy ya'll. I feel like crying, cause I know that I am on track.

Nothing feels better than that.

So when you meet new people and ya'll vibe, know that there is a reason and learn from it. Maybe you should look out of their mirror for a while so you can adjust your own.

I believe in kismet. Thank God for that.

Kita