Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Living Free - Work/ Career

I want my life to be one of purpose, and filled with cultural experiences. I want to help those that are in need, I want to be one of those folks who get up every day with a purpose. I want to be one of those people. I do not want my life to be about just laying around taking care of me and if it is not about me then t' heck with it. I do not want that.

I keep thinking about living freely. What does that mean to me. Does it mean living without any strings, just vacationing, going on trips? Does living freely mean not concerning yourself with other people? Does it mean shopping and gathering up more stuff? Does living freely mean just simply enjoying life period? The definition for me is a combo.

Living freely to me means not being concerned about how the bills are going to get paid or helping out someone else if they are in need. It also means being able to get myself things that I want on the regular. It means that my time is not eaten up by work hours but are balanced. It means having a healthy relationship with myself and others. But back to the career side of the deal. There are numerous ways to get to this point. Numerous paths available. Working long and hard hours for a business. Working a 9-5 position with much clout but lil' work. Starting your own business and working hard at that. Assisting others with their business. In the end it is all about how to make the mula. The real question comes with the how to make the money. The focus, because all of us are so very multi talented, again, where and how?

I always beleived that your life should be about things you actually care about. So I began my trek to become a paralegal. Focused. I can assist folks on a lot of levels with that Associates degree. But my desire to be around art has also caught my attention. How will I make it there? Art. Culture. Could that too become a part of my career? Hmm. Entertainment Law. No. Perhaps at some place like Care or a museum etc. Maybe. So those types of intergrations can happen. My mind also began to say and even with that the art must make a difference, must expose other folks to the world, and not just the wealthy. They have enough advantages. I am interested in getting to that ideal. I want that. I WILL get it.

To me living and doing what you love, what you like, even doing some of the duties you don't care for but heck it comes with the job (filing, typing, copying etc.) that is being free at work. If I can assist somebody else and make a difference, that is what I want to do.

I want to sing too, and I want to write. Those things I can do as well and do well thanks. My art may not be available for the general public, but I need art in my life like I need solitude and God. I need to have that beauty that comes with art, that creativity in my life.

My friend longs for a life where she can do what she wants when she wants. That is a good thing for her. I can see her being happy doing the traveling and calling all her own shots. Yes, she would help others along the way, but in a different way from what I want/need to do. Actually, she is the reason that I began looking at what did I need to become free. I can see myself doing that which she is beginning to get into, to have additional cash, yes. Is it the life for me, no. I can see myself opening up a place for children, women, men to enjoy art ~ books, music, good food.

Honestly, my heart and life and pulse beats and moves with the people. I like people, with all their crazy and different ways of looking at life. Heck, I am an empath, I cannot help it. That is why playing superwoman and protecting myself in relationships, gaining weight etc. made my life easier cause it made some folks decide not to deal with me in the first place. Good, I can see you are walking breathing trouble. I got enough on my plate. Holla back. I am always reaching out to help someone I really should slap instead. *sigh* Unfortunately the good jobs available to folks who like to do this type of stuff are usually very hard to locate. I know God will help me though with this quest. I will be fine. Just gotta map out my plan.

Anyhoo, I am glad to know what that living free thing is for me. Gonna get free in some more ways very, very soon. I will be going natural again. Beginning to think of different ways to pay my bills and finish school going full time. I want a bachelors in ..... can't call it yet, just know it has to do with folks. International relations, public relations etc. I feel it in the air ya'll. Another change is about to come. Oh well. Rock on.

Kita