Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Created to Love -Advocate - Speak my poetry

You know, I really am getting with this idea. I am created to love.

The past is the past for a reason. Your relationship with people are blessings and when it is over walk away. You loved them, they loved you, it is simply time to accept the lessons and move forward.

My life is becoming a life I like. It is not always comfortable nor am I always sure of what I am doing, but I walk to the gentle whispers I hear in my head. God.

It took awhile, but I am working on that anger issue. When I start hearing the word tired come through my head and my soul is agitated, my inner peace is being disturbed and I know something must come to an end and another thing must begin, I start the mourning process for the death and go get libations to celebrate the new birth.

The thing is the past always beckons. It is a sure shot, and it is safe, and even when its mired in pain and horrible things it is known.

I am walking in the unknown now, but there is a sure path ahead of me. Truth be told, I am terrified. I keep trying to dumb down my dream and accept only a part of my destiny, but I can't do that. Ya'll I feel like crying and they are tears of resistance crumbling.

My love for my people and those that need help and assistance is tempered by the fact that some of those folks would if they could pull me down in their acceptace of their situation. it makes me want to be a part of the process of helping those who want to be helped, inspire those who forgot what it feels like to dream, and to those who will not move forward in any way or form, accept that fact and love them anyway. I want to be a part of the process. I want to be a part of the solution. I want to be an advocate. I gotta learn the law and the process and .... I gotta learn and then I HAVE TO DO MY PART. I am becoming a para to learn the law and the system, I will complete my bachelors in political science to work that system and from there where will I go, I do not know. It is scary. I am used to playing in the background but I got a voice in my head that says, come up to the front, come a little higher. I know where that voice comes from. I gotta heed it. I do not know where I will end up, but I do know that I am walking. Every day and more firmly my grip is getting tighter into the WORD, into God.

See, to take a risk for others, to sacrifice your life, your privacy, your time, that is all and act of love ya'll. I was created to love. I was loved unselfishly in this way by a perfect God and imperfect people. I gotta give it back cause I receive it so abundantly.

I start now by loving myself and putting in the hard work. I am gonna perform my poetry, and I am going to get into my career, and I am gonna push for a better life for my people, those that I love. I am gonna speak up for those that do not know that they have a voice, and a reason to be here and live and love like everybody else. I am gonna do my part and let my voice be heard. It is my calling ya'll. More and more I am beginning to understand that. I cannot save everybody, but I can do my part.

I pray for myself and others and all the people that I see doing good works and fighting the good fight. I pray. It is all and honestly the most powerful thing that I can do.

I was created to love. I am created to love, and I will.

Kita