Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

taking a min. to be Thankful for what is truly important

I am taking a minute to remember what is important to me. I mean IMPORTANT to me. I sometimes get so caught up in money and its facade of success that I need to check myself. So I am taking this moment to remember what is truly important to me.

God is important to me. Look. On the real. Most of the time I am confused and do not know what the sam hill I am doing. I do not know where I am going. I hear a voice that says keep on walking keep on moving and trust me. That is why I do what I do, that is why I am who I am. I trust and love God. God is important to me. When nobody else understood me, listened to me, consoled me, told me to hold on and to keep my head up, God did. When no one else came around to love me, I knew I was loved in the midst of it all. When I was right, wrong or indifferent, God showed up. When I came to this planet, He blessed me and gave me breath and life and thoughts and personality and the willlingness to learn and to become humble and to grown and to seek and to love. I know that God is important to me. He is.

I am important to me. It is imporant that I live and fulfill my purpose. It is essential that I keep reaching and take care of my body, take care of my soul, express myself, and love me. It is essential that I dare to be myself and respect myself and forgive myself. I have a purpose and a reason and it is essential that I share my love, concern, hope, wisdom and dreams to those that I can, heck to the world. I am important to me. I am important to God. I will take care of me and all that that means.

My familia is important to me. They look out for me. They love me, though they do not always understand me. They remind me of where I am from and where I can go, what I can do and what I can be. They lift me up when the world tries to crush me, and will defend me to the bitter end, they will stand by me until they can stand no more. My family loves me, and I love them. They are important to me.

My friends are important to me. Some are crazy, some are nuts, some are sweet and some will try to ride my butt, but they love me. They care. They stand up to me and put up a mirror so that I can see myself, both the good and the bad. They are my extended family. They lift me up and tell me to go ahead and touch the sky. I love them. They are important to me.

My community is important to me. It is important that in large part I feel safe. It is important that my neighbors look out for me and my home. It is wonderful that there is a mutual feeling of respect that we share in our community. I enjoy my neighbors, and they too have become my family. They are important to me.

Not once did anything that I note as important to me have anything to do with money. Yes, I am blessed to have a house, I am blessed to have a job, I am blessed to have a car, I am blessed over and abundantly with things . Yes, I am. I am thankful for all of it. However, I am thankful for the relationships that I have with people too. Thank you God. You blessed me with these people and things. I will continue to appreciate them.

You pour favor and blessings upon me. I am/will be forever grateful. Amen.