Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Greatful 15

Thank you God for focusing my energy and life towards you, thank you for focusing it on my present and preparing me for my future. Thank you for saying enough is enough and forcing me to move on, to let it go - the pain, the hurt, the feelings of betrayal etc. Thank you. Thank you for reminding me in ways that I have faltered, and thank you for reminding me that I and a lot of folks fall short. We fall short and that is why you are there and there is no shame in admitting that or accepting it either. Thank you God. I am at peace in my spirit, in my soul, with myself. Thank you for the strength to forgive, to release, to move on. Thank you for being God and reminding me that you are truth and life and love, and that these other folks are just human beings like me - flawed but lovable, causing pain but meaning to uplift. In a word they are human. Thank you for letting me know that some folks learn and some folks stay where they are on different subjects and situations and it is ok to forgive them but to also know who and what they are to me. I know when it is time to change and move on you will prompt me. Thank you for your intervention and lifting me up. I am so greatful for that God. Thank you, thank you. Working at taking the log out of my own eye, I know that is why you tell me to keep my eyes on my own paper. I understand now that you want me to see the whole paper and read the entire story, not just the part that tells my story, his story or her story. Your story, the only one that covers everyone is the one I need to know. Thank you for letting me know it is not selfish to want to know how I fit into the story. Thank you for letting me know it is not selfish to want to know who I am, what my purpose is in you. I get lost some times and you come to get me Lord, all of the time. Thank you Father. Thank you for music and inspiration, a closer walk with you, for clarification, for a closer relationship with my family and my friends. Thank you God for the new understanding, love, patience and respect I am gaining for myself. Thank you God for allowing me to do your work. Thank you. I am so very greatful. I could go on and on God, thank you for being better to me than my mother, father, brother, sister, family and friends. Thank you for being better to me than I ever could be to myself. Thank you God. I lean into you and appreciate your knowledge and listen and act on your wisdom. Thank you for telling me to watch who I share my gifts with, and thank you, I have not shared all of them Lord. Thank you. Thank you.