Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

My Version of Happy

I have really thinking about what this really means to me, how it is defined. What is happy for me. I did the how to get to a 10 thing, but that ain't necessarily happy. How do you get to looking around your environs and getting to content. I know one of the things that I have to do is stay in touch with God and be greatful. OK. I am at peace, I have joy, I do not worry much, however, I want to know what my definition is so that I can obtain that.

I know it is cliche', but I think it means enjoying the journey a little bit more. I have not enjoyed the journey much. I have not enjoyed it much at all. I have resentend the journey, tried to pretend like things were not really happening when they were, but I have not enjoyed this journey to me.. to this moment very much. I also daydream too much. Too doggone much. So....

1. Stay in the moment.
2. Enjoy the journey to your next destination.

I also judge folks... always against me mind you. they do not like me, they have an issue with me. Who is the they and why do I feel like this. Hmmmm. I am going to change that.

3. Start letting folks be themselves and you be yourself with them. Do not anticipate bad treatment.

Now, all those things have to do with my perceptions. How I perceive people and situations and the passage of time.

The other things I am examining is - is a hubby necessary for me to be happy. Is it what I really want.

4. Start getting out and dating more. Getting to the right person is a numbers game.
(yes, the answer is yes!!) heck I want a good, solid, sustaining relationship. Why lie?

5. Start believing in dreams and self. This is a no brainer. Kkkkk. Umm. I gotta stop placing limits on my dreams. No more limits. That is one thing that drives me nuts when other folks do it, but when I do it, a big thumbs up. Enough of that.

6. Cease over analyzing stuff. Crap happens to me, to you, to the dog etc. Why? I do not know, it just DOES.

7. Get involved in something I really give a dang about. I love to sing. Time to go back to church, join the choir and sing, sing, sing!!! yeah, take those new member classes.

8. Have the courage to say how I really feel. Do not keep it bottled up. Allow myself to become intimate (not sexually necessarily) with someone beyond my friends that I know from way back. That means exposing myself ya'll. I hate vulnerability, but it is by being vulnerable and real you get what you really need outta life. I know.