Moving Forward

Moving on from past pains and expectations to my awaiting and blessed future. Ignoring or confronting the ignorance walking steadily toward my destiny with God as the leader of my life. This is my life, my journey and I am going my way. Deal.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Black relationships

I have recently thought in great detail about the convos that I have read/heard concerning black male and female relationships. It seems that there is a refusal to look at the past and consider its affects. Or is that effects, well whatever, that. The past does color the future, and the media helps. This is my theory, how I sees it folks. Deal.
Every discussion, every situation, every everything that we do is connected to the past, and the people that we celebrate are connected to that too. That is my premise anyway. Keep that in mind, cause this is gonna be the short and sweet version of relationships and relating between black folks. Besides I like honest discussions.
Let's start with Slavery. Umm, rape black women keep black man away. Mandingo impregnate multiple black women for additional slaves. Everybody suffers. Black man not able to protect or will die, suffer, etc. if they attempt to do so. Black men seriously degraded and shamed. Black women not able to fight. If black woman fought so what she was raped anyway. Learned to expect not to be protected and learn to accept situation. Umm. Lesson(s) taught to both genders - Your lives who you are and what you are only counts in the monetary value that you can bring to me (white/ sometimes black) slave owner. Slavery ends. (umm, right) Thanks to Lincoln. NOT. Moving along. Protection of the black woman comes at huge price. Lynching, killing and white folks having parties while all of it is going on. Also our men are damaged due to not being able to protect themselves and their women. Love of self and love of each other somehow prevails. Menial jobs/ sharecropping are "opportunities" offerered to both genders. 1863- 1960's this crap continues. Both sexes endure lies told about them. Black men will have sex with anything and really want white women to the point of rape etc. Black women are insatiable sex addicts, nymphos. We do not have anything but each other to count on, and we beleive in the best of each other. Black women are still a major part in the battle to stay alive along with the black man. Stay with me, 'k? OK.

Let's see Black Pride movement 1970's . Though it was not a patriarchal system in the sense that America did it, that patriarchal system was pushed cause black men need to feel like men. Understandable.Sisters are to have sex, be in the march and take care of the kiddies. Ummm. Yeah some women marched out of their place, but it was their expected place. Unfortunately with out of wedlock kids becoming more prevalent, gangs were more prevalent as well. Actually gangs actually started as a way to protect and make some money and then money, well you know what happens when getting that dolla becomes the focus. Back to the history part. The govt. don't care that we are women, they go after us too. Black men are not able to protect all, and are out numbered too. Well, now black women are protecting their kids (as well as they can) out of necessity from the men who are suppose to protect them and the govt. Damn, we are some bad girls, I tell ya. Umm. They (black women) really are not made for this, but what the heck. Black women become bad mother --- watch your mouth, we just talking about black superwomen/mammy/lover right? Umm. Warrior is the word that comes to mind, because most sisters have a I will protect my child and myself at all cost switch that they can't seem to cut off. I wonder why. (hint: It is hard to be soft, feminine and forgiving if your ass is always on high alert ie. that What the hell is that negro/boss/world doing, trying to get over on me guard is up, bruh, keep it moving) I digress. Heads up, again women in general are not really meant to do that in every area of their life. It is different if it a choice, their job (police officers, army, etc) and when that guard is up in every area of their lives. You guys catch hell cause of that, right right. That warrior stance that you see is a I gotta thing, it is not suppose to be an everyday thing, but some of you have forgotten that and actually honor the Superblack woman, warrior, mammy but now she is yourlover and she got her foot up in your a*#. Whatcha crying for now?
Think about your aunt, sister, cuz, lover, momma, grandma - the one that everybody knew better than to mess with and who handled her biz. You know the one who told you that if she found out about you using drugs etc. that she will come with a 4x4 to beat that butt ya got. Her. That being Super thing, can kill ya spirit I tell ya. The one that Madea and others make you feel like you know her cause you do. Ummm. Now think about that woman you keep trying to get with, she ain't nothing but a younger version of what you admire in your fam man. She is not an anomaly. You ain't Neo, the only good kind black man on the planet either. Your sweet female family members aren't anomalys either. Whether we want to admit it or not we need each other to keep in balance. Without a healthy combo of male and female everybody is gonna be fukked up. Deal with that fact first, let it marinate in your mind for a sec.
More history and men/women psychology lessons will abound on this blog. After that I will write about the guys and their stuff and give my theory on why black relationships are screwed up right now and what I think we can do to stop the nonsense, the hurt, the pain and the drama.

On a personal note, I have decided to not do any drama, and right now I have taken my Superwoman sign down. It is a scary new world taking down the Super black woman sign and being vulnerable, I tell ya. I am trusting God on keeping me safe though. That is how I am doing this.

Until the next time I post, bye Negroes.

God, I do miss Dave Chapelle. Please send me a new show to watch, or put his Block Party on DVD. Thanx for giving me the strength to be real even when being a fascimile is easier. Amen.

Kita aka Queen Deluxe